Account Manager / Insurance Broker – Commercial Lines
GoToInsure.ca is a dynamic and growing insurance brokerage operating throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and competent individual to join our team as a Commercial Lines Account Manager to provide exemplary customer service to existing clients assessing their needs and recommend convenient solutions by cross selling new policies and upselling accounts. Also, responsible for building and managing client relationships with new and existing clients.
- Increase Commercial insurance new business sales by surveying prospects to determine insurance needs, utilizing brokerage marketing plans and existing account referrals, collecting detailed risk and underwriting information, effectively building the relationship and closing the deal.
- Offer exceptional service to clients by advising on insurance related issues, assessing their needs and recommending convenient solutions by cross selling new policies.
- Responsible for building and managing client relationships with new and existing clients.
- Conduct renewal and follow-up phone calls to maintain relationships and client service levels.
- Document preparation including applications, issuing insurance certificates, making changes and providing advocacy to ensure high client retention.
- Maintain knowledge of current underwriting rules, product knowledge and other insurance related changes.
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including networking at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education or related business experience;
- Minimum of 3 years Commercial Lines experience
- Licensed and minimum of CAIB 3 and working towards your full designation;
- Strong technical and insurance market knowledge an asset;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Superior organizational skills, flexibility, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to convey complex, detailed information in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, client focused and team player;
- Passion for sales.
- Bilingual French and English is considered an asset.
- Full-time, permanent position (35 hours per week)
- Flexible work arrangements can be discussed
GoToInsure strives on a daily basis to be an employer of choice. Every employee gets their birthday off and we also close our offices between Christmas and New Years to allow all our employees to spend that time with their family. We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We have an Operational Plan when it comes to Covid to ensure the wellbeing of our employees and customers.