Account Manager-Commercial Lines
As a Commercial Account Manager, you will provide front-line sales and customer service of Commercial lines policies and taking responsibility for the retention and account development of existing clients, meanwhile developing new business opportunities and initiatives.
- Increase commercial insurance new business sales by cultivating prospects through use of brokerage marketing plans and existing account referrals, collecting detailed risk and underwriting information, effectively building the relationship and closing the deal.
- Offer exceptional service to clients by advising on insurance related issues, assessing their needs and recommending convenient solutions by up/cross selling new policies.
- Responsible for building and managing solid client relationships with new and existing clients, provide a high level of service and advocacy, in an effort to ensure strong client retention.
- Manage book of business by conducting renewal process, effect policy changes, remarketing, document preparation including applications, issuing binders, insurance certificates, endorsements, liability cards and negotiating with insurers when necessary
- Maintain knowledge of current underwriting rules, product knowledge and insurance industry trends.
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including networking at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education or related business experience;
- Minimum level 3 insurance license and working towards CAIB designation;
- 2-3 years experience in commercial insurance;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Strong technical and insurance market knowledge;
- Extensive use of client management systems and navigation of various company portals;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Superior organizational skills, flexibility, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to convey complex, detailed information in a clear and concise manor;
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, client focused and team player.
- Full-time, permanent position (35 hours per week)
- Flexible work arrangements can be discussed
- Minimal travel maybe required
GTI Broker Group strives on a daily basis to be an employer of choice. Every employee gets their birthday off and we also close our offices between Christmas and New Years to allow all our employees to spend that time with their family. We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Must be vaccinated.
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-06